Google Drive: You won't be able to sync or upload new files. You won't be able to create new files in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard. Until you reduce your storage usage, neither you nor anyone else can edit or copy your affected files. Syncs between your computer's Google Drive folder and My Drive will stop.
Google Drive is the safest place to save your system files or folders. But there will be a time when you have to clear the storage in the Google Drive account. When you wish to view size for the Google Drive folders. Then you will find that Google Drive doesn’t support this feature. In this article, we will tell you about How to View Folder Size in Google Drive Folders. Let’s begin!
- Review the folder's size. On the General tab, you should see a 'Size' heading in the middle of the window; the number to the right of this heading refers to the folder's size in Google Drive. For example, you might see '30 MB' if your folder is 30 megabytes in size, or '2.4 GB' if it's 2.4 gigabytes in size.
- It’s not possible to check the file size in the Google Drive app, but you can use a free third-party web app called Google Drive Folder Size. Google Drive Folder Size is not an authorized Google product, so use it at your own risk.
- My Gear Camera - Tripod - Lens - Microphone - Laptop - http://amz.
Google Drive is an awesome place to store all of your files, with extremely generous free plans and large storage capacity with the paid plans. It synchronizes files across devices and allows users to share and also collaborate. Google Drive is perfect for users who always work on the go. As you can access it on multiple devices and software.
Some of the pros of using Google drive that include:
- AutoSave – In Google drive, all your work is automatically saved. So you won’t ever lose a piece of work again!
- Device Compatibility – You can share files on different devices easily.
- Offline Access – Despite being primarily an online workspace. Users can still access their files even when they are offline.
- Sharing and Collaboration – Files can be shared with other users online.
you may need to free up space in your Google Drive account at some point. Maybe you have a lot of personal videos and photos to store, or you may not be willing to pay a monthly subscription and just want to stick into your 15 GB free storage. Regardless, when you need to get that storage organized and slimmed down, you’ll find that Google Drive is a bit feature-light in the area of file management. Specifically, it’s not possible within the Google Drive web interface to find out how big each folder is. You can look at file sizes, but the total size of the files in each folder is a mystery.
Google Drive Sort By Size
Quick Fix View Folder Size in Google
If you are just looking for the biggest files so you can clear them out. There is also a quick workaround that will let you skip the rest of this article. Have a Look!
- Go to Google Drive.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Then click “Settings.”
- Click “View items taking up storage.”
Google Drive will then display a list of every file in your Google Drive, automatically sorted by file size. You can then decide if you want to keep those big files, save them somewhere else, or delete them.
Download the Folder
The brute-force approach is simple: download the Google Drive folder to your local hard drive. There, you can view storage size details for the downloaded folder in File Explorer. Then delete the whole folder when it is no longer needed.
To download a Google Drive folder, just follow these simple steps:
- Click My Drive on the left of the Google Drive page to expand a list of folders.
- Right-click a folder and press “Download” to save a copy to your hard drive.
When you select that option, a “Preparing download” bar will open at the bottom right corner in Google Drive. Then this tells you that it is zipping the file. It will let you know when it is ready to download, and the folder’s ZIP file will save to your browser’s default download folder.
Open the downloaded Google Drive folder in File Explorer. Since it saves as a compressed ZIP file, you should extract it first by opening the ZIP and pressing “Extract all.” Select a destination path for the extracted folder, and then press the “Extract” button.
Right-click the extracted folder in File Explorer and select “Properties” to open the Properties window. The General tab includes folder size details. If you are finished, you can right-click the folder and then select “Delete.”
Add Backup and Sync App
Backup and Sync is an app that syncs Google Drive cloud storage with your hard disk. It displays all of your Google Drive files and folders within a Google Drive File Explorer folder.
To add Backup and Sync to Windows, click the “Download” button here. That will save the software’s installer to your hard drive. Open the software’s installer to add Backup and Sync to Windows. The installer will walk you via three steps to get you set up.
- Sign in to your Google Account. Make sure this is the Google Account that is associated with your Google Drive account.
- The next window will ask you which folders from your PC you want to back up to Google Drive. You can select a few folders to back up by clicking “Choose Folder,”. But you do not have to. To skip this step, de-select all folders and then press “Next.”
- The third step is the one we are looking for. The “Sync My Drive to this computer” option is selected by default. The default place for your Google Drive folder to be backed up locally is your user directory. You can also choose an alternative one by clicking “Path.”
- Then select “Sync only these folders…” in order to display a list of all the folders in your Google Drive. The folder size will be displayed next to each folder. However, this is not an easy way to check folder size every time, it is a great one-off solution that does not want you to install anything on your computer. If you have the information you need, quit the wizard. Otherwise, press “Start” to begin syncing Google Drive with your hard drive.
File Explorer will now include a Google Drive folder, that you can open by clicking Quick access > Google Drive. However, file Explorer’s Size column does not include any folder storage size details in the main display. But you can check a folder’s size by hovering the cursor over a folder to open its tooltip.
Where Is My Google Drive Folder
Google Drive How To See Folder Size Chart
Alright, That was all Folks! I hope you guys like this View Folder Size in Google article and find it helpful to you. Give us your feedback on it. Also if you guys have further queries related to this article. Then let us know in the comments section below. We will get back to you shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Also See: Do You Think Google Meet HIPAA Compliant?