Samsung has officially stopped Android software updates for Galaxy Note 2. Galaxy Note 2 AT&T version has received its last official Android update to JellyBean. But if you are an user of Galaxy Note 2, its time for rejoice. You can now run the latest Android 7.1 Nougat on Galaxy Note 2 using LineageOS custom firmware.
- Galaxy Note 2 Firmware Update Download Android
- Att Note 5 Firmware Download
- Galaxy Note 2 Latest Firmware
LienageOS 14.1 is custom developed Android Nougat firmware which is based on Stock Android. As the firmware is custom developed, the device is to be rooted before installation and further risks may be involved in installation process. If you are ready to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat, do follow the below prerequisites to safeguard your personal data and to ensure successful installation
Step 1 - Download Android 7.1.1 CyanogenMod 14.1 custom ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Note 2 on the computer. Step 2 - Connect and mount the phone's USB mass storage on computer with the USB cable. Step 3 - Copy the downloaded CyanogenMod ROM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SD card. Oct 09, 2018 Download Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Galaxy Note 2 (Custom ROM, AICP) Remember this is a stable build of Unofficial AICPOS on Galaxy Note 2. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try Android 7.0 OS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy Note 2 based AICP. To Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 Software you need to install a newer firmware version on it. You can update your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 without a computer by going to Settings About Device Software Update. Also, You can update this Samsung device manually, But you need to use a computer. Get the latest owner's manuals, firmware and software updates for you Samsung devices in one easy-to-navigate location: the Samsung Download Center.
Check Device Model Number
It is vital to check device model number before rooting/unlocking/flashing process to ensure flashing compatible files on the device. The device model name should be Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T(SGH-I317). If the device model number doesn’t match with mentioned one, do not attempt the tutorial.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB Drivers
To transfer firmware packages, it is to be connected with PC. For the PC to detect the device, it should have installed Samsung USB drivers. If you’ve not installed previously, download them form below source and install manually.
Steps To Be Considered
- Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2which lets the device establish a stable connection with computer via USB. You can do it by following the below mentioned path. In latest versions of Android, the Enable Debugging option will be hidden in depth of settings panel. You can follow our guide to enable USB debugging.
- Rooting the device erase entire data on the device including internal SD card. So, make sure you create a backup of entire important data. If you are not familiar with Android backup process, you can refer our guide to Backup Android phone data.
- Make sure the phone’s battery is at least 60% charged at the start up of tutorial. If battery runs off during unlocking process, it may turn your phone into brick. So, charge the device before tutorial.
- If the device bootloader is locked, it is to be unlocked before rooting process. You cannot gain root access unless bootloader is unlocked.
- To install custom ROM’s/Firmware the Galaxy Note 2 must be rooted and should be installed with custom recovery. Perform this step if not done previously.
Are you sure you completed all the above steps? Yes, you can now get started with the Android 7.1 Nougat installation process.
Google Apps(Stock package recommended)
GUIDE TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 ANDROID 7.1 NOUGAT LINEAGEOS ROM
Disclaimer: Rooting/Unlocking/Installing custom ROMs and Kernels are not official methods. So, neither device manufacturer nor Droid Word team is responsible if anything goes wrong with your device during the process. This article is only for educational purpose. You can continue with the implementation at your own risk.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED
Step 1: Download Android 7.1 Nougat ROM and Google Apps packages from downloads section to your PC. Do not unzip the packages.
Step 2: Connect Galaxy Note 2 to PC using an USB cable.
Step 3: Transfer the downloaded packages into the root of phone/SDcard memory.
Step 4: Once the transfer is done, disconnect the USB and turn off the Galaxy Note 2.
Galaxy Note 2 Firmware Update Download Android
Step 5: Enter custom recovery mode on Galaxy Note 2. Don’t know how? Do follow the simple step below:
Turn on the device by holding Volume up+Home+Power buttons together until you see the recovery mode.
Step 6: In custom recovery mode, you can view a list of options which are not available in Stock recovery. Among them, find and select wipe data/factory reset(In recovery mode the touch interface will not work. You can use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select).
Att Note 5 Firmware Download
Step 7: Now perform a complete data wipe by selecting wipe cache partition.
Step 8: Once done, enter advanced options in recovery mode and select wipe dalvik cache.
Step 9: If you are done with all the above steps, you can flash the firmware package now. Select install zip from sdcard, navigate and choose the previously copied Android 7.1 Nougat ROM package. Confirm the installation and do not interrupt the process.
Step 10: After completion follow Step 9 again and choose Google apps package in this case.
Step 11: Once the packages installation is completed, select reboot system now option.
That’s it! Your device now boots up running Android 7.1 Nougat. You have successfully Updated Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 7.1 Nougat. If you face any issues while following the above guide, do let us know through the comments section. We may help you out.
Samsung GALAXY Note II T-Mobile (SGH-T899) Firmware Flash File
Initial Steps to Install Firmware on Samsung GALAXY Note II T-Mobile (SGH-T899)
- Download Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones
- Download Odin Samsung Flashing Tool
How To Install ROM Samsung GALAXY Note II T-Mobile (SGH-T899)
Galaxy Note 2 Latest Firmware
- Download Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones
- Odin –flashing software tool for Samsung Android smartphones
2. Flashable firmware – the latest Samsung firmware update for your device
- Download Odin devices might have trouble using this version of Odin, so if you own one, search for your device here).
- Extract the content from Odin to your computer.
- Download the latest firmware for your device.
- IMPORTANT! Samsung Kies is not compatible with Odin. You have to make sure that Kies is not running in your system tray. It is recommended to uninstall Kies before using ODIN.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers.
- With the device turned off, press ‘Power+Volume Down+Home’ to enter Download Mode. (If this key combination doesn’t work, just Google ‘Device Name+Download Mode’).
- Connect your phone to your PC with the USB cable.
- Right click on Odin and click on ‘run as administrator’.
- After flashing process starts, it might take up to 5-10 minutes. So, keep patience and wait